Donor and Applicant Data
- Your participation in The Magnus Foundation programs is voluntary and you may be required to submit data electronically so that we may review and consider scholarship applications or process donations. By submitting an application or making a donation, you consent to the processing of your personal information by The Magnus Foundation. Types of personally identifiable information may include, but are not limited to:
- full name, address, email address, phone number(s), parent or guardian name (if applicable), address(es), academic information,
- involvement in work, school, and community activities
- We may use your contact information to accept donations, process scholarship applications, send you notifications, or gather more information if there are questions regarding the processing or administration of your voluntary participation in our programs. Data is stored and processed at The Magnus Foundation location in the United States as well as online in the Google cloud. When you send email or other communications electronically, The Magnus Foundation may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your request or question and improve our services.
- The Magnus Foundation reserves the right to disclose personal information as required by law.
- The Magnus Foundation may use certain web technologies including cookies to assist us in providing better service. These cookies and other technologies do not identify you personally and are not connected to any data you provide on the Site. They provide technical and behavioral information such as the IP address, device type, browser type, and device identifier used to visit the website, the date and time of your visit, the pages you view, and (where permitted by your device) location data.
- The Magnus Foundation uses reasonable physical, technological, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private or sensitive information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter electronically may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), 128 bit encryption services, which are enabled by a reputable SSL certificate provider. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- In the event that your data has been accessed by an unauthorized individual, you will be notified as required by law.
- It is the policy of The Magnus Foundation to discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s written request.